Prior to completing this online training, you must complete the following modules:
1. The Physiology, Assessment & Management of Chronic Oedema
2. The Science of Compression therapy
- Community & Practice nurses
- Lymphoedema Therapists
- Allied Health Professional (occupational therapists, Physiotherapists)
- Clinicians who treat chronic oedema in their practice
Aims & Objectives
- Increase awareness of why compression bandaging is prescribed
- Understand the theory & principles of compression bandaging and the differences in types of bandages.
- Understand & demonstrate the practical application of short stretch multi-layer compression bandaging in chronic oedema management.
- Increase awareness of indications & contra indications of compression therapy
- To promote safe practice in the use of compression therapy.