Prior to completing this online training, you must complete the following modules:
1. The Physiology, Assessment & Management of Chronic Oedema
- Community & Practice nurses
- Lymphoedema Therapists
- Allied Health Professional (occupational therapists, Physiotherapists)
- Clinicians who treat chronic oedema in their practice
Aims & objectives:
- To discuss the theoretical components and use of compression therapy in diseases of the lymphatic and venous systems
- To highlight the differences between the compression therapies used in clinical practice
- Increase awareness of why compression therapy is used in chronic oedema
- Increase awareness of indications & contra-indications for using compression therapy.
- To enable the selection of appropriate compression therapy, based on patient assessment.
- To discuss how treatment should be modified when venous disease symptoms, include chronic oedema